If you are interested in competing for Miss Indiana's Outstanding Teen, click here.
You have ideas and plans and goals—so much to offer the world—but how? Each year young women just like you choose to compete in the Miss America system. That's right! Many of them are just like you—yet they know that the Miss America Organization is the single largest provider of scholarships for young women in the world.
Whether you want to become a doctor or a dancer, an accountant or an architect, the Miss America Organization has an opportunity that will help bring you closer to achieving your goals. To become Miss America, a contestant must first win a local competition and then compete to represent her state, a process requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent.
More than twelve thousand young women participate each year in the local and state events, culminating in the selection of 53 national finalists who vie for the Miss America title. Tens of thousands of volunteers organize the local and state preliminary competitions, promoting community involvement throughout the United States and furthering scholarship and achievement among young women in their communities. .
Local pageants in Indiana are divided into two categories, closed and open. Closed pageants are defined by groups of counties or by a university. Open pageants are available to women who meet residency requirements to compete in Indiana. Our "sweeps" pageant is open to any contestant who has competed in a local pageant in the same pageant year.
For a list of local pageants, click here.
• Be between the ages of 17 and 24.
• Be a United States citizen.
• Be a resident of Indiana, full time student at a college or university in Indiana, or employeed full time in the state of Indiana.
• Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
• Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
• Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
The road to the Miss America competition in Las Vegas begins in a town near you. To find your local pageant in Indiana, visit the Local Pageants page.